How are designs turned into products? What resources, materials and methods used and what set of activities that goes under the heading of ‘manufacturing’? This unit will introduce manufacturing as a system and will describe some of the many different ways of making products. We will illustrate how the required properties of the materials in a product influence the choice of manufacturing process used.
- Source: The Open University
- Language: English
- Author: The Open University
- Lisence Terms: Except for third party materials and otherwise stated (see http://www.open.ac.uk/conditions terms and conditions), this content is made available under a http
- Tags: Engineering and Technology,
- Course Publishing Date: May 6, 2008